In January we had our mock exams, except in art it was a real exam. So I decided to share with you my ‘final piece’ which is a series of three manipulated fabric pieces based on my own photographs and from what I had been developing in my coursework sketchbook. I layered fabric to create different segments of the pieces, and machine stitched them to a foundation layer. They took about 4 hours each. I dyed them first with this magical stuff called Brusho, sprinkling salt over the top to create strange repellent textures. I then embroidered areas to create texture, as well as layering crinkled newspaper and tissue paper, although you probably can’t see these textures as I have taken the photos from far away. My favourite one is the middle one, its the first one I did and it was the one I had the most fun creating, so that’s probably a main reason why, I love the turquoise colours and textures, it is now up on the wall in the art department amongst the hilarious mugshot collage of the art students.
Anyway, I hope you’re all having a lovely Sunday!!